Saturday, October 16, 2010

4 Year Old Soccer Games

          This morning, I went to my four year old nephew’s soccer game. This was the first of his games that I have attended this fall. I had a good time, got a few laughs, and a couple "oohhhh''s. He had two games this morning, so about the time his second game came around he was done. He was getting cranky and starting to whine.
          Watching four year old children play soccer is so cute and can be very entertaining. They tend to trip over their own two feet and even trip each other, a lot. One kid was running toward the goal; he suddenly tripped and fell. As he fell to the ground, his head hit the soccer ball. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. It would great YouTube material. Another kid came off the field so excited, telling everyone near him, the coach said he was "setting the field on fire!'' You should have seen the look on his face, it was so adorable. A kid from the opposing team got mad at this boy for making a goal, so he starts swinging his fist up and down, trying to hit the boy, but didn't succeed. The kid was not happy. He started jumping around swinging and tossing his arms and legs all over the place, throwing a huge fit. Then he started to cry. It turns out that he was the opposing team coach's son.
          When I saw how enthusiastic these four year old children were, it put a smile on my face. It made me happy and I began to think about how like was so simple, with no worries, or a care in the world. Those were the good days. These four year olds' did not care about losing or winning, they just wanted to have fun. The refs don't even keep score anyway, so it really doesn't matter. I cracks me up when parents get so upset at these games. The kids are only four years old; why does there have to be drama brought into what should be enjoyable memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment