Saturday, October 16, 2010

Babysitting

          Babysitting can be fun. Sometimes I look forward to it and other times I don't. It just depends on what kid or kids I have to babysit. It also depends on if I get paid or not...usually I never get paid. Huge downfall of babysitting for family. Being 18, unemployed, and attending college...it would be nice to get some cash here and there.
          I don't really know what it is like being a teenager, well at least what is classified as a normal teenager, because I always stayed at home, went to school, did my homework, and you guessed it...babysat. I missed out on a lot.
          It is funny to me when I get a phone call from certain people because I know exactly why they are calling. Does this make me a push over if I rarely say no? I guess I do it out of love and kindness, or because I want those certain people to go out with their significant other and have a good time, go out on a date every now and then, or just give them the break that they deserve. I think about my future and when it comes my time to become a parent, I know I would want these things. So, I try not to complain.          
          Tonight I was going to go to a football game with my friends, but it turned out that I got stuck babysitting instead, while my older sibling, in-law, and their two older children went to the game. I watched their four year old son. It seems like every time I make plans, something always comes up to where they get canceled or postponed. I know it is my own fault and I could have said no, but I knew they really wanted to go and they didn't want to deal with a hyper four year old boy during the game. They didn't want to spend the whole time chasing him around the field. I know I wouldn't.
          At first I wasn't really into the whole idea of watching my four year old nephew, and missing out on the game that I was suppose to attend. But I got over it. It turns out that my nephew and I had a blast together. We ate popcorn, snuggled up under a blanket on the couch and watched How To Train Your Dragon and Marmaduke. I would say it all turned out for the best and I am glad I babysat tonight.
          I sacrifice a lot to make others happy and most of the time I am ok with that. Just looking back, I don't want to regret anything. I just want to have fun, live my life for me, and experience what the world has to offer, while I am young.

No comments:

Post a Comment