Monday, October 25, 2010

Be Happy, Don't Worry :)

Happiness is a very essential emotion in a person's life. Some of the smallest things can make someone happy. Some of the smallest things can also make a person mad or upset. I think it is so strange that emotions can be rather bipolar at times because happiness can turn into sadness or madness, or just the opposite, within seconds. For me, it seems like I get stuck on an emotional roller coaster, every now and then.
                Just when things are finally going good... I am the happiest I have been in a while. It feels as if nothing could bring me down. Half the day has gone by and I think things couldn’t be better. I laughed and smiled so much that my cheeks start to hurt, but I did not care because I was truly happy again and having fun with my family. I finally got the phone call I waited for all day. I so excited I was probably glowing. This is where everything goes downhill. My special someone the other line is tired and upset. I suddenly feel like it is my fault. Why!? This totally killed my good mood in a heartbeat. I let this one incident ruin the rest of my day. It was so not worth it!
                 It is funny how one person can make me feel so many emotions. One minute they could make me feel like I am on top of the world, like royalty, so joyful and loved. He takes away my pain and sadness, but he can also bring it back without even realizing it. It’s not his fault. I am thankful that there are only a few sad, depressing days with him.
                One of my favorite quotations is “Smile, Happy looks good on you!” – Christopher Drew (nevershoutnever). Growing up, I remember my parents telling me, “It takes more muscles to frown, than it does to smile” and my all-time favorite (when I was mad) “your face is going to get stuck like that”. I try to embrace happiness in my everyday life because it takes away my stress and worries. Without happiness I could not function like a normal person, whatever normal may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment